When you're a premier school builder, summer months bring both project kickoffs when the school year ends, and deadlines for project completions before the new school year begins in late August or early September. In our 20-year history, it's not uncommon for us to have a lengthy list of projects both starting and ending in a given summer.
This year, it was a "Super Summer" with eight projects completed in time for the 2023/2024 school year, along with several projects that began construction in the early part of the summer.
Several brand new schools were completed as well as additions and renovations to others so that students could return to new light-filled, colorful learning spaces:
- Hilltop Heritage Elementary School, Renton School District, new building
- Kimball Elementary School, Seattle Public Schools, new building
- Van Asselt School, Seattle Public Schools, addition and historic renovation
- Challenger Elementary School, Mukilteo School District, addition and renovation
- Horizon Elementary School, Mukilteo School District, addition and renovation
- Lindberg High School, Renton School District, renovation
- Ferndale High School (summer phase), Bothell School District, renovation
- Newport High School (summer phase), Bellevue School District, addition
These new projects kicked off with demolition, site preparation or other work:
- Alki Elementary School, Seattle Public Schools
- Mercer Middle School, Seattle Public Schools
- Evergreen High School, Highline Public Schools
- Bethel High School, Bethel School District